Frequently Asked Questions
From Deep Learning Course Wiki
- How can I access the notebooks and python files used in the videos?
- We have provide the jupyter notebooks and python files that Jeremy uses in the class lectures in a github repository. Note that in the videos, Jeremy may reference files being available on platform.fast.ai, but we have since switched to github and the versions on github are most up to date. If you are new to Github, here is how to get started. Be sure to read our strategy for How to use the Provided Notebooks in order to get the most out of the course.
- When I try to import Keras, I get 'ImportError No module named tensorflow.python'
- Keras can use either Theano or TensorFlow for it's backend. In Part 1 of this course, we use Theano. If you are getting this error, you need to change the keras config file (
~/.keras/keras.json) to have "theano" as the value for backend. Refer to the Keras documentation, for more details.
Questions about AWS
- Why am I getting an InstanceLimitExceeded error?
- You are not approved for g2 or p2 instances yet, so you will need to use a t2 instance instead. Read this for more details.
- Why am I getting a VpcLimitExceeded error?
- Each time you run a setup script, it creates a VPC and there's a limit of 5. Go to https://console.aws.amazon.com/vpc/home and delete all the existing VPCs.
- When I type 'nvidia-smi', I get the message 'Failed to initialize NVML Driver/library version mismatch'
- Restart your instance.
- Why am I getting this other error?
- We have compiled a list of some of the most common AWS errors you may encounter and their solutions. After reading through those, if you are still stuck and your AWS has ended up in a weird state, you may want to delete things and start over. See this guide on Starting Over with AWS.